Mesothelioma compensation is available through asbestos trust funds, settlements or jury verdicts. Mesothelioma patients or loved ones may be eligible for compensation to help cover treatment costs and other expenses. Payout amounts vary depending on the type of claim and can exceed $1 million
Average Mesothelioma Compensation Amounts
Average mesothelioma payouts vary depending on the type of compensation pursued and several other factors. Annual reports by Mealey’s Asbestos Litigation state average mesothelioma compensation amounts, including:
- Average mesothelioma lawsuit verdicts are about $2.4 million.
- Average mesothelioma settlement payouts vary from $1 – $1.4 million.
- Trust fund payouts vary greatly. High paying trusts may award $125,000 or more. Individuals may seek compensation from more than one trust.
Mesothelioma patients and their families should discuss claim options with an experienced lawyer. Many factors may impact the amount of compensation awarded. For example, though lawsuits often have higher average payouts, some individuals may wish to avoid a trial.
Factors Affecting Mesothelioma Payouts
The amount of mesothelioma financial compensation awarded varies based on several factors, including:
- Type of asbestos claim filed
- Venue, or location, of where you file your mesothelioma claim
- Occupational history, including any military service
- Asbestos exposure history (type of asbestos, location and amount of exposure)
Your mesothelioma law firm can help you understand which option is best suited to your situation.
Articles Credit: mesothelioma.com